Tuesday 16 October 2012

September Craftsy BOM blocks

I was quite looking forward to the September Craftsy BOM blocks - curved piecing using the Drunkard's Path blocks! Naturally my first thought was whether I could adapt the pattern to use my Accuquilt GO! cutter and my Drunkard's Path die. Why yesindeedy.. with a little trimming.. and while trimming can be time consuming and tiresome, it *does* give better accuracy, so it all fell into place as if Amy Gibson had designed these blocks just so I could give Flo (my GO!) a workout!

Phillipa and Belinda also used Flo to cut their blocks, and we all pieced them using my Curvemaster foot. I *really* love that Curvemaster foot! No pinning, and magically accurate blocks. If you don't have one, and you want to sew something with a lot of curves, I'd highly recommend adding it to your toolkit.

September Block #1 - The Chain Block
I decided that I just wasn't feeling the love when it came to the Cleopatra's Puzzle block, so I took inspiration from one of the other ladies in the QCA Craftsy BOM facebook group. Sheila had put her block together with the print fabric in the centre, forming the pinwheel.. which I liked..
 ..until I laid it out in reverse, with the white fabric in the centre and the print fabric as the "background". I really loved how this block turned out, and once my plate is clear I'd love to play around in EQ7 with it as a whole quilt layout.. I think it would look awesome. But that's WAY down on my list of things to do atm!
I can't believe there are only two more blocks to complete and then it will be time to assemble to quilt top! The year has just flown by!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Online Quilting Class